This is the solution for Ipod touch freezing at the Apple logo after restarting. This is most common if you have a jailbroken or jailbreak ipod touch. The restarting problem affects all ipod touches including the latest version. Here is the scenario, skip to the next paragraph for the solution.
- IPod program crashed and was slow so you reset it and now it is stuck at the Apple logo.
- If your ipod has crashed or is slow and unresponsive, and you have not reset the ipod touch, do that now.
- You hard reset the ipod touch by holding the power button and home button for 5 seconds. This will make the ipod touch screen black, then show the Apple logo.
- If you have a jailbroken ipod touch, your ipod touch will now get stuck at the Apple logo and not continue loading the iOS Apple operating system. This is the problem we solve here.
Fixing stuck iPod touch at Apple logo screen
The solution if your ipod touch is stuck at the Apple logo and will not startup. From the Apple logo on your frozen iPod touch.
First, don’t panic! We can solve this without restoring from the iTunes backup save. I know you don’t have one. This has happened three times to my device and each time this method works to fix the problem without a system restore procedure.
Follow this step by step process to fix your iPod touch:
- Hard reset the ipod touch again. You do this by holding the power button and the home button in together for 5 seconds. This will do a hard reset.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Do another hard reset And wait again.
Keep repeating the above process of restarting the iPod touch and waiting 5 minutes until it reaches the lock screen. Congratulations! Your stuck iPod touch is now fixed. It can take over 45 minutes, don’t give up.
Two times my ipod touch took about 30 minutes, but the last time it took 45 minutes. The iPod touch is rebuilding the entire internal filesystem when you hard restart after the crash and this takes time. Be patient, relax and keep resetting using the above procedure. It is okay to wait 10 or even 15 minutes between hard resets if you want to be sure.
After the ipod is not frozen at the Apple logo anymore it will show the normal lock screen and all files will be okay except the last thing you did before the crash will not be processed. So if the last thing on your ipod touch was deleting an app, then that app will still be on the filesystem and show on screen. You can now delete the app and it will delete like normal on the ipod touch.
If you now switch off the iPod touch it will turn on as expected without freezing at the Apple logo.