Huge list of Samsung Galaxy S4 codes I found on the XDA developers forum. Copied here just in case that website is down and you need the codes.
This is a list of all the Samsung Galaxy S4 cool tips, tricks and cheats I find while using my phone. I will list them all here so they are in one place.
Secret testing and configuration menu on all Samsung phones including the S4. Call *#0*#. Then take a look at the options for loads of cool sensors and you can use this menu to test for dead pixel on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Today I tested how long it takes to charge my new phone (Samsung galaxy S4). As part of the ongoing experiment with my Samsung S4. The total time taken for the smartphone to charge from start to finish is listed below. It takes 2 hours to charge the battery on the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Charging started at 6.15pm with 5% battery life remaining on the S4.
At 6.45pm the battery charge was at 32% complete on the Samsung Galaxy SIV. It appears to charge 1% every minute.
At 7.15pm (60 minutes into the experiment) the phone charge was 66%. This still agrees that the phone charges at about 1% every minute.
At this point I was thinking if maybe the Samsung S4 charges like the iPhone and iPod do. With the Apple devices there is a rush charge for the first 80% of battery, then a trickle charge for the remaining 20%.
This was not the case! Battery charge on the Samsung s4 was 100% complete at 8.15pm. Taking exactly 2 hours to charge the battery on the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.
From my previous review of the smartphone I expected it to be much longer. I know that the battery doe snot last very long (less than 24 hours if you use the phone). On Android you can go to settings -> More ->Battery and view a graph chart of how the battery discharges over time on the Samsung S4.
Also from my Samsung S4 review I was very disappointed by the battery life. Thinking about this more I realise that if this was really a problem for my usage I could just buy a spare battery. I guess I am just used to Apple locking everything into the product, but the Samsung S4 is free of restrictions.
I just finished the four main Sleeping Dogs DLC packs for missions. Here’s my quick review of all of them. I purchased all the DLC packs on a 75% off sale, so they were around $1 each. At that price, all the DLC are of course worth it, but some are more worth it then others. This review covers my reasons and which I would choose if they were more expensive.
The DLC packs with multiple missions are:
- Nightmare at North Point around 15 missions. Select this DLC from the main menu.
- Year of the Snake around 15 missions. Select this DLC from the main menu.
- Wheels of Fury 5 missions.
- Zodiac Tournament around 10 missions on a separate island.
I saw this method for testing micro sd cards on an Amazon review while searching for Micro SD cards. I think it’s useful and have copied it here for others to see in case the original is removed.
You will most likely get a genuine card, but there are many fakes so its essential you test your card when you receive it. Some fakes will still pass some of the test programmes.
Test with ChkFlsh, Crystal Disk Mark & the main one H2testW. H2testW tests the full capacity of the Micro SD card and will report if any are using aliasing to fake larger than real capacity. A card with it’s indicated capacity but high error rate/slow write speed indicates a ‘ghost run’. Ghost run SD cards are fake and won’t last very long.
Good results are:
A 32GB card should have a formatted capacity of around 30GB, format in FAT/FAT32 only (NTFS shortens life of flash media & wont improve performance). Warning from Nerdr – Fat and FAT32 have a file size limit of around 4GB. Do not use FAT or FAT32, just stick with NTFS, it’s worth the shorter life.
A class 10 card must have a write speed of 10MB/s minimum (large files) the first result in Crystal Disk Mark should indicate that. Cards are now appearing with the UHS-I class (marked with a 1 inside a U) these have higher clock rates so higher performance and are at least class 6 speed.
Read speeds should be over 12MB/s and getting toward 48MB/s with these.
If your memory cards speed test comes just below spec, that’s a fail, don’t assume ‘close enough’. SDHC cards have a maximum capacity of 32GB and SDXC a maximum capacity of 2TB but check your device is compatible with SDXC before choosing those over these SDHC cards.
That’s the end of the Pro tip for testing your memory cards when you get new memory for your camera, phone or other device.